For Students Interested in Transferring Into the Dorman Honors College
(Students currently attending NJIT or transferring to NJIT from another college)
NOTE: Transfer admission to the Dorman Honors College is not open to students who have already completed a prior baccalaureate degree at another college/university or at NJIT.
Admissions to the Honors College as a transfer student is extremely competitive and applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Full-time student should have completed, if these courses were required upon admission to NJIT, Math 107,108 and /or HUM 099/100.
- Have taken 15 or more credits each semester (one semester of 12-15 credits allowed)
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.5. (effective for spring 2013 admission and thereafter)
- If completed an Honors course, earned a final grade of B or better.
- Must have at least 4 semesters remaining to complete the current degree; and be eligible to complete between 6 - 11 Honors courses as per contractual agreement that fit into the student's curriculum, 3 of which must be from Groups B, C, and D of Honors course requirements.
- Applicants should have achieved the same level of excellence as those currently in the program. In place of the very high class rank and SAT scores asked of students accepted directly from high school, we ask applicants to have either completed or be eligible to complete Honors Courses and to be involved in university/community activities or research.
If an applicant falls somewhat short of these requirements, he/she may be asked to spend one additional semester demonstrating the capability to handle honors by taking honors courses, participating in service activities, and attending honors colloquia before re-applying for admission.
All students will be required to write an Individual Education Plan, which all first-semester ADHC students complete.
Please DO NOT send us any of the following. They will be discarded.
- Videotapes or audiotapes
- Newspaper articles
- Binders of any kind
- Or any other items not requested. However, a résumé and/or activities list may be submitted.
For further information about transfer admission, please email email@example.com.
Special Agreement with Bergen Community College Honors Program
The Honors College has an agreement with the Honors Program at Bergen Community College which allows students to move seamlessly from one institution to the other. The most significant parts of the agreement are:
- All students who complete four full-time semesters, or the equivalent as part-time students, in the Bergen Community College Honors Program (BCCHP), and who meet the GPA requirements below, upon admission to NJIT as a transfer student and application to the Honors College, will be automatically admitted to the Honors College.
- Such students must meet the following grade requirements in their Bergen courses:
- GPA of at least 3.0 in Honors courses (4-point scale).
- Overall GPA of at least 3.2.
- All Honors courses taken at BCCHP with a grade no lower than B will be granted credit by the NJIT Honors College towards meeting the Lower Division/Major-Related requirement of eight courses. One Honors course grade of C or C+ will be accepted if it is balanced by an A in another Honors course.
For further details, please contact the Director of the BCC Honors Program or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who have taken Honors courses at other Community Colleges will have these courses evaluated on an individual basis for honors credit.