Your Honors Experience
Current students in most majors must complete 11 Honors courses to meet the requirements of the Albert Dorman Honors College; students in the College or Architecture and Design must complete 8 Honors courses. The required courses are distributed over the student's tenure at NJIT. Click here to view the number and distribution of Honors courses.
In alignment with the university's 2020 Vision, incoming Honors freshmen and transfer students entering the Honors College in the Fall of 2016 will have the option of completing Honors-quality learning experiences that result in reductions in the student's minimum required number of Honors courses. (Note that all reductions must come from Group A courses.) Click here for more information about Honors-quality learning experiences.
Honors students are encouraged to work with their Honors advisor in creating an individual education plan (IEP) that provides a roadmap of Honors courses, learning experiences, and other options such as dual majors and graduate-level courses. Honors students can expand their educational experience through other programs, including:
- Dual Majors
- Graduate Study for Honors Students: The BS/MS Program and Admission to Graduate Study for the M.S.
- Accelerated Programs in Health Professions and Law
About Honors Courses
- Guidelines for Regular Honors Course
- Guidelines for an Honors Enhancement to an Existing Course
- Guidelines for an Honors Course Meeting Concurrently with a Non-Honors Course